CELEBRATIONS AND FOOD
LUKE CHAPTER 13
VERSE, 14, 15, 16
14) Indignant because Jesus had healed on the Sabbath, the synagogue ruler said to the people, There are six days for work. So come and be healed on those days, not on the Sabbath.
15) The Lord answered him, ‘’you hypocrites! Doesn’t each of you on the Sabbath untie his ox or donkey from the stall and lead it out to give it water?
16) Then should not this woman, a daughter of Abraham, whom Satan has kept bound for eighteen long years, be set free on the Sabbath day from what bound her?
MATTHEW CHAPTER 12
VERSE, 3, 4, 5
3) He answered, Haven’t you read what David did when he and his companions were hungry?
4) He entered the house of God, and he and his companions ate the consecrated bread---Which was not lawful for them to do, but only for the priests.
5) Or haven’t you read in the Law that on the Sabbath the priest in the temple desecrate the day and yet are innocent?
JOHN CHAPTER 9
VERSE, 15, 16
15) Therefore the Pharisees also asked him how he had received his sight. He put mud on my eyes, the man replied, and I washed, and now I see.
16) Some of the Pharisees said. This man is not from God, for he does not keep the Sabbath.
AMOS CHAPTER 8
VERSE, 9, 10
9) In the day, “declares the sovereign Lord, I will make the sun go down at noon and darken the earth in broad daylight.
10) I will turn your religious feast into mourning and all your singing into weeping .I will make all of you wear sackcloth and save your heads. I will make that time like mourning for an only son and the end of it like a bitter day.
ROMANS CHAPTER 14
VERSE, 2, 3, 4, 5
2) One man’s faith allows him to eat everything, but another man, whose faith is weak, eats only vegetables.
3) The man who eats everything must not look down on him who does not, and the man who does not eat everything must not condemn the man who does, for God have accepted him.
4) Who are you to judge someone else’s servant? To his own master he stands or falls. And he will stand, for the Lord is able to make him stand.
5) One man consider one day more sacred than another; another man consider every day alike. Each one should be fully convinced in his own mind.
MARK CHAPTER 7
VERSE, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23
14) Again Jesus called the crowd to him and said, Listen to me, everyone, and understand this.
15) Nothing outside a man can make him “unclean” by going into him. Rather, it is what comes out of a man that makes him unclean.
16) If anyone has ears to hear, let him hear
17) After he had left the crowd end entered the house, his disciples asked him about the parable.
18) Are you so dull? He asked. Don’t you see that nothing that enters a man from the outside can take him “unclean?”
19) For it doesn’t go into his heart but into his stomach, and then out of his body. In saying this, Jesus declared all foods ‘’clean.’’
20) He went on: What comes out of a man is what makes him “unclean”
21) For from within, out of men’s hearts, come evil thoughts, sexual immorality, thefts murder, adultery,
22) Greed malice, deceit, lewdness, envy, slander, arrogance and folly
23) All these evils come from inside and make a man unclean.
ISAIAH CHAPTER 1
VERSE, 13, 14, 15
13) Stop bringing meaningless offering! Your incense is detestable to me. New moons, Sabbaths and convocations, I cannot bear your evil assemblies.
14) Your New Moon festivals and your appointed feasts my soul hates. They have become a burden to me; I am weary of bearing them.
15) When you spread out your hands in prayer, I will hide my eyes from you; even if you offer many prayers, I will not listen. Your hands are full of blood.
1 CORINTHIANS CHAPTER 10
VERSE, 25, 26, 27, 28
25) Eat anything sold in the meat market without raising questions of conscience.
26) For “The earth is the Lord’s, and everything in it. “
27) If some unbelievers invites you to a meal and you want to go, eat whatever is put before you without raising question of conscience.
28) But if anyone says to you,” This has been offered in sacrifice,” then do not eat it, both for the sake of the man who told you and for conscience sake.
MALACHI CHAPTER 2
VERSE, 3, 4
3) Because of you I will rebuke your descendants; I will spread on your faces the offal from your festival sacrifices, and you will be carried off with it.
4) And you will know that I have sent you this admonition so that my covenant with Levi may continue, “say the Lord Almighty.
JOHN CHAPTER 7
VERSE, 21, 22, 23, 24
21) Jesus said to them, “I did one miracle, and you are all astonished.
22) Yet, because Moses gave you circumcision (though actually it did not come from Moses, but from the patriarchs) you circumcise a child on the Sabbath.
23) Now if a child can be circumcised on the Sabbath so that the Law of Moses may not be broken, why are you angry with me for healing the whole man on the Sabbath?
24) Stop judging by mere appearances, and make right judgment.
JOHN CHAPTER 7
VERSE, 9, 10, 11, 12
9) Having said this he stayed in Galilee.
10) However after his brothers had left for the feast, he went also, not publish, but in secret.
11) Now at the Feast the Jews were watching for him and asking, where is that man?
12) Among the crowds there was widespread whispering about him. Some said He is good man. “Others replied, NO, he deceives the people.
AMOS CHAPTER 5
VERSE, 21, 22
21) I hate, I despise your religious feast; I cannot stand your assemblies.
22) Even though you bring me burnt offering and grain offerings. I will not accept them.
EXODUS CHAPTER 32
VERSE, 5, 6
5) When Aaron saw this, he build an altar in front of the calf and announced, tomorrow there will be a festival to the Lord.
6) So the next day the people raised early and sacrificed burnt offering and presented fellowship offering. Afterward they sat down to eat and drink and got up to indulge in revelry.
EXODUS CHAPTER 12
VERSE, 21, 22
21) Then Moses summoned all the elders of Israel and said to them, Go at once and select the animals for your families and slaughter the Passover lamb.
22) Take a bunch of hyssop dip it into the blood in the basin and put some of the blood on the top and on both sides of the doorframe. Not one of you shall go out the door of his house until morning.
REVELATION CHAPTER 1
10) On the Lord’s Day I was in the spirit, and I heard behind me a loud voice like a trumpet.